Wisdom Teeth Removal Post-Op
What To Expect After Your Child’s Surgery
We have listed some instructions to help ease your discomfort after surgery is complete. Remember, if any questions should arise our office is a short phone call away. We are here to make your healing process go as smoothly as possible. Browse through the tips below to ensure an easy transition.
- Avoid foods that are acidic, spicy, and hot in temperature
- Stay away from foods that have seeds or shells such as nuts and popcorn as these foods can become lodged in the wisdom tooth extraction site
- Avoid vigorous rinsing & brushing on the day of surgery
- No straws or spitting day of surgery
- Ice 20 minutes on and 20 minutes off on the day of surgery and the day after only. DO NOT ice on the third day
- Eat something as soon as you get home and prior to taking pain medication
- Take medication as prescribed 30 minutes after your meal
- Change gauze every 30 minutes or until the gauze is more white than pink
- Make sure to remove gauze when eating and replace after meals
NEW JERSEY ORAL SURGERY & DENTAL IMPLANTS
MARTEN N. LADMAN, D.M.D & DR. NICK LEVINTOV D.D.S., M.D.